We realise that joining a new club is a big commitment, particularly for a sport as unusual as caving! We’re therefore running a trip at the beginning of the Autumn Term to allow people to try it out. Anyone is welcome to come on this trip with us before they become a member – whether you’ve had some previous experience of caving, or you are completely new to the sport.
Even if you’re not sure if you want to join the club, these trips still provide a fantastic chance to try something new and get to meet some interesting people – and very cheaply! If nothing else, it should make for a fun day out 😉
The Mendips (in Somerset), meeting in the car park of the Athletics Pavilion at Reading University – see building 43 on this Map [PDF file]
On Saturday 8th October. Meeting at 9am, and returning by 8pm-9m. A long day, but worth it 😉
What to bring:
- Old warm clothes (we will supply all gear and equipment for the cave itself).
- Wellies if you have them (provided if not).
- Spare underwear and socks, and a towel
- £5 to pay for the trip (if you haven’t already!), and your Sports Fed card (obtainable at the Freshers Fayre or from the Student’s Union)
- A packed lunch, and money to pay for a take-away evening meal
- Lots of enthusiasm and a willingness to try new things!