I am delighted to welcome you to our brand new website! Our old site has served us well over the last 8+ years, however we decided it was time to give it a bit of a lick of paint… So what’s new? In a nutshell:
- Brand new look and feel, whilst remaining true to the spirit of the previous site.
- More ways for club members to participate on and interact with the site. Add comments to any post, page, gallery or photo, and even add new posts to the front page! Find out more »
- Calendar on the top right with links to details of all upcoming club events.
- Better integration with Facebook. Easily share any post or page, and even log into this site with your Facebook username! We’ll be adding additional Facebook integration in the near future…
- Easier to get in touch with committee members and enquire about joining the club, using our new Contact Form!
- And last but not least, the new site is much easier to maintain, which means that it can (at last!) be updated much more frequently!
Of course I’d love your feedback on these changes – got any suggestions for improvements, ideas for the site, or have spotted any errors? Please let me know – either by adding a comment below this post, or by using the new contact form »
Older members will be aware that these changes have been in the works for quite some time. There are plenty of further plans though – over the next few weeks there should be lots more activity… In the meantime, many thanks to Paul Fellows, who set up our original site and devoted a huge amount of time to it; as well as to those of you who helped out with this new one – particularly Jo Meldner and Kat Hooper.
By the way, the old site hasn’t completely vanished off the face of the earth – you can still access it from http://old.rucavers.co.uk
So, here’s to the next 8 years!